Classical Music Library is the world's largest multi-label database of Classical music recordings for listening and learning in libraries. The growing collection of 60,000-plus tracks includes recordings from the world's greatest labels including Hyperion, Bridge Records, Sanctuary Classics, Artemis-Vanguard, Hänssler Classic, Vox and many more. Coverage includes music written from the earliest times (e.g. Gregorian Chant) to the present, including many contemporary composers. Repertoire ranges from vocal and choral music, to chamber, orchestral, solo instrumental, and opera.
Discover Classical Music Library's free biweekly music downloads!
You can also access Classical Music Library through the Music Online interface. Music Online has just announced a "Send-to-Mobile" functionality that includes all of the individual streaming music collections and some items in Opera in Video. This functionality will follow in all of their streaming video collections later this year. What this means is that you can now send an audio track, video track, album, or playlist from our streaming collections to your mobile device to listen to later. The item that you send stays on your device for 48 hours. Go to any of our streaming music databases and look for a cell phone icon ("Send-to-Mobile") next to each track, album, or playlist. Wherever you see that icon you can click it and obtain a "shortlink" to send and enable playback on your mobile device.
There are several ways to access this link:
- Send a text message to your mobile.
- Email the link to your email address, which you can pick up on your mobile.
- Enter the URL manually into your mobile's web browser.
- On supported devices you can scan a QR-Code directly from your computer screen. You will need to download a QR-Code reader application to do so.
At this time, this functionality is supported on:
- Apple iPhone on 3G network or better
- Mobile Device with Android OS
- Shortlinks cannot be accessed outside of your institution network after 48 hours but will still be usable within it. http://muco.alexanderstreet.com/help/view/using_your_mobile_device