Monday, February 18, 2013

Who's on F.I.R.S.T.?: A Research Support Team for Faculty Members

The libraries on the Denton and Dallas campuses of Texas Woman's University--and the ARC on the Houston campus--provide a broad range of services for students and other members of the TWU community.  A part of these services specifically geared toward faculty members, the Faculty Information and Research Support Team (F.I.R.S.T.) has as its singular goal the support of faculty members' research initiatives.

WHO'S ON F.I.R.S.T.?
F.I.R.S.T. is composed of librarians in the Reference Department of TWU Libraries.  When faculty members register for this service they are assigned a personal librarian familiar with research/resources in their field of study.

I'M A FACULTY MEMBER.  WHAT CAN F.I.R.S.T. DO FOR ME?

Faculty participants' personal librarians are available to provide research expertise, and assist with custom information needs, regarding:
  • Publications;
  • Presentations;
  • Grants;
  • Course Creation or Updates;
  • Professional Development;
  • Database Searches;
  • Table of Contents Alerts;
  • Keyword/Phrase Search Alerts;
  • Access to materials;
  • Interlibrary Loan order generation;
  • Bibliography or reference list checks; and 
  • The Chronicle of Higher Education (daily email delivery of summary contents for the current issue, plus email delivery of full-text articles of the faculty member's choosing.)

HOW DO I GET F.I.R.S.T. WORKING FOR ME?

To register for the program, simply contact Connie Maxwell, Assistant Dean of Libraries for Reference Services, at cmaxwell@twu.edu; the Reference Department at reference@twu.edu; or any of the Subject Librarians.

WHAT IF I WANT TO TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT F.I.R.S.T.?
 
Connie Maxwell and the Reference Department are also available for any questions you may have regarding F.I.R.S.T.

~Sandy Cochran

No comments:

Post a Comment